ABOUT THE WAR CHILD OFFICES
War Child International currently consists of three offices: War Child Holland, War Child North America and War Child UK. Although sharing the same aims and goals, the three organisations are totally autonomous, with independent trustees and financial coordination.
The three implementing offices have united under a common War Child International flag to unite their efforts and to define a shared set of values, best practices, common principles and operational guidelines under total equality. Thereby creating a network of organisations working across the world to help children affected by war.
WHAT WE DO
War Child International implements projects in Afghanistan, Burundi, Chechnya, Colombia, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Iraq, Israel, Kosovo, Lebanon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Uganda, West Bank and Gaza according to the following themes:
- Child protection: to protect children and young people against the consequences of armed conflict.
- Education: to enable children and young people's access to education.
- Justice: to ensure children and young people's access to justice when their rights are violated.
- Livelihoods: to build sustainable local livelihoods that address children and young people's fundamental needs.
- Psychosocial: to stimulate children and young people's own psychological and social development.
The War Child organisations run their own projects, but also work in partnership with local grass roots organisations, through both short-term emergency relief and long-term rehabilitation programs, to improve the living conditions of war-affected children.
SUPPORT FOR WAR CHILD
War Child has gained enormous support from the public, schools and business communities. Company sponsor programs, products and co-promotion activities have been set up and many concerts, art expositions and special events have been organised to support the War Child cause. Thousands of schools around the world have participated in raising funds and awareness for children in war zones.
Since the early days of War Child the music and entertainment industry and many famous artists have joined the ranks to support War Child's cause. Dozens of special concerts and CD's have been organised to support War Child's activities.